Things used :
- Advance 9077
- Spotto Rayon fabric 5.5m
- 14″ invisible zip
- white pipping 16m
- white poly cotton 1m
- interfacing 1m
It’s my second time using this pattern to create a dress inspired by this Marilyn dress (*click here* to see the first one), however this time I was doing a direct replica.
Once again I made the top exactly as the pattern called for though I did add a lining using the same pattern pieces cut twice for the bodice as the original only lines the bust panel.
I also changed the skirt again. The pattern has a simple gathered skirt but I wanted all the tiers that Marilyn’s had. So I cut a bunch of rectangles in graduating height and length , gathered them and added pipping in between each of the seams.
I think my skirt turned out much more full than Marilyn’s but honestly, that just makes it more fun to twirl in.
Difficulty : *1/2 sewing pipping in each seam gets pretty tricky
Time : 6 hours
Cost : $$ the fabric wasn’t cheap