Things used :
- 2x Harry Potter House banner panels
- 1/2 meter poly cotton
- 1/2 meter elastic
- 1/2 meter interfacing
This was a project I started back in 2016 for a trip to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando and for whatever reason, it never got finished. I got as far as cutting the banners, hemming the points and sewing them together. I never added a waistband.
Fast forward six years and I rediscovered it in my UFO (unfinished objects) pile. I decided to unpick the skirt as I now wanted to add pockets and finally add a waistband. After finishing some Star Wars sheet skirts the day before and putting a half elasticated waistband on them, I put the same waistband on this skirt due to how comfortable it was.
I’m happy with how this skirt turned out and who knows, maybe I might actually be able to wear it to the Wizarding World in the future sometime.
Difficulty : *
Time : 2 1/2 hours