Things used :
- A Disney Princess single duvet and pillowcase
- Butterick B6167
- Matching 14″ zip
- Matching thread (Gutermann 158)
- Boning casing
- Plastic boning
- Sewing machine
- Water soluble pen
Lately I’ve been looking online for old bed sheet sets as my local op shops have been failing me. I was so happy when I came across this Disney Princess print as I immediately knew a sewing pattern that would be perfect for it.
That pattern was B6167 by Butterick. I had used it once before to make a Peter Rabbit duvet into a dress and found it quite simple to follow. Though that time I didn’t add any of the interfacing nor boning, something I made sure to do this time.
It was a fairly quick project and took me roughly 4 hours from start to finish. I altered the skirt pattern a bit by making the panels wider as to accommodate the entire width of the duvet so none of the princess pattern would be wasted.
A fun thing I do when upcycling sheets and duvets, is I try to sew the original care tags in to the seam of the new garment.
Styled with ~
- Ears | Walt Disney World
- Magic Band | Walt Disney World
- Hair Flower | Made by me
- Shoes | My own
Difficulty : *
Time : 4 hours
Leave a Reply